Fiona Ashmead - Partner
Fiona Ashmead joined the firm as a partner in 2007.
With nearly 30 years legal experience Fiona has built up a wealth of legal and practical knowledge which she uses to help her clients deal with their legal issues. Although Fiona’s work has previously and predominantly been in property, she has been studying for the STEP accreditation in Private Client work over the last few years, enabling her to offer clients up to the minute advice on Wills, Probate, Tax and Lasting Powers of Attorney.
Fiona lives locally in Bury with her husband Martin, who is a business trainer and 2 cats Cleo and Morrissey. Outside of work Fiona enjoys all that Bury has to offer including the theatre and good food. She also attends a boot camp most mornings at 6.30am to set her up for the day. Fiona is a Trustee of the Bury Town Trust, a local charity committed to supporting the restoration of Bury’s beautiful historic buildings. Further afield her passions are travel and in particular skiing off piste with her husband and friends.
Fiona believes in ensuring that each client is aware of and has access to all the advice they need to look after all of their legal requirements and will act in liaising with the other departments to make this happen. She is passionate about supporting the more vulnerable members of the community and is very happy to visit these clients at home to put them at ease. Although Fiona is based in the Bury office, she is available to see clients at Thetford and Brandon.
The main areas that Fiona can help you with:
- Administering estates large and small
- Obtaining Probate with a will or Letters of Administration where there is no will
- Setting up trusts both lifetime and in wills
- Dealing with trusts administration including tax returns
- Lasting powers of attorney for finance and health and welfare
- Applying for Deputyships where a person has lost mental capacity
- Acting as Deputy for clients
- Trusts for disabled persons
- Discretionary and Life interest trusts
- Protective trusts
- Preservation of family assets
- Equity release mortgages
- Investment property acquisitions
Kind, friendly, approachable, helpful and very understanding, whilst maintaining high level of professionalism. MG, Feb 2016
I think Fiona and Team are fantastic and am extremely happy - click to view client questionnaire
Excellent from start to finish. First class service.